Friday 20 June 2008

On reflection

Not only has the word cloud sparked new ideas, it made me do some research. 'Back' features so prominently because it is the 81st most used word in the English language. Given that the word cloud creator strips out commonly used words (perhaps the top 50? - must find out), it is no surprise that 'back' is there. Of course, I should have known this. I trained to be a teacher. I trained how to teach youngsters to read. My excuse is that it was a long time ago. A very long time ago.

3 comments:

Rachel Green said...

I was dismayed to see it appear in such large letters too!

Graeme K Talboys said...

It was a real shock. Amazing how we can use a word so frequently and not know. Oh well, as long as people reading it don't notice.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

The words 'thought' and 'though' cropped up far too much in mine. I hadn't really noticed either.